I wish to extend my personal thanks to Don B. Duncan and Steve Zarlenga, without whose backing, this book would not have been possible Thanks also to Rana Arons as editor, Dolores Grande as indexer and Don Hauptman as idea man.
Further acknowledgement is due to:
- Macmillan Publishing Co., Inc. for permission to quote from The Revolutionary Generation by E.B. Greene, @ 1943.
- Yale U. Press for permission to quote from The Fathers of the Constitution by Max Farrand, @ 1921.
- Peter Smith Publishers for permission to quote from The Foundations of American Constitutionalism by Andrew C. McLaughlin, @ 1932.
- Van Nostrand Reinhold Co. for permission to quote from Economics and the Public Welfare by Benjamin Anderson, @ 1949.The Academy of Political Science for permission to quote from Political Science Quarterly, @ 1935.
- New York Times Co. for permission to quote from “Economics 1-The Summit” in New York Times Magazine, Sept. 22, 1974, by Leonard Silk, 1974.
- Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, Inc. for permission to quote from General Theory of Employment, Interest and Money by John Maynard Keynes, @ 1936.
- Holt, Rinehart and Winston, Inc. for permission to quote from A History of American Currency by William G. Sumner, @ 1874.
This material is made available with the generous permission of Howard Katz (1931-2012).